Are you up for a Real adventure ?
Get a chance to enjoy the sun rays between the peaks of Moses mountain from 2,285m above sea level and take a small tour in St Katherine Monastery.
Moses Mountain is revered by Muslims, Christians and Jews, all of whom believe that God delivered his Ten Commandments to Prophet Moses at its summit at the Top of that mountain. There are two well defined trails that lead up to its summit. Both trails, The Camel Trail and The Steps of Repentance meet at about 300m below the summit in a plateau known as Prophet Elijah’s Basin. The plateau contains a 500 years old Cypress tree, marking the spot where the Prophet Elijah is said to have heard the voice of God. Then, it is a steep series of 750 rocky and uneven steps to the top, where there is a small chapel and mosque (however these are kept locked).
St Katherine’s Monastery is established in the 4th Century around the site of Moses’ miraculous Burning Bush from which God spoke to Moses for the first time and ordered him to take off his shoes as he is in The Sacred Sacristy. Today it is considered one of the oldest continually functioning monastic communities in the world, and its chapel is one of early Christianity’s only surviving churches, and it has the Codex Sinaiticus which is the world’s oldest near-complete bible which was taken after that to Russia and sold to the UK.
• Gather at the meeting point at 7 AM and take off to “St Catherine”.
• Reach our camp, relax, charge our mobiles and have lunch.
• Gather around camp fire and have Bedouin tea while having a small session about safety procedures including body system and make a small check up on everyone’s backpack.
• Start hiking “Moses Mountain” and get our blanket from last checkpoint rest before climbing a steep series of 750 rocky and uneven steps to the top of “Moses Mountain”.
• Reach the top of “Moses Mountain” and prepare our spot to have a clear better view of sun shining.
• Prepare our cameras.
• Enjoy the sun shining 2,285 m. above sea level.
• Start going down.
• A small tour in St Catherine Monastery.
• Gathering and have some professional photos together.
• Heading back to Cairo.
• Please don’t forget to bring your National ID/Passport (It’s your only way to hike Moses Mountain)
• For your safety, please stick well to all what is telling you from our crew or our Bedouin guide.
• 225 EGP for “Egyptians”.
• 275 EGP for “Non-Egyptians”.
• Transportation in A/C Bus.
• 1 meal in Bedouin camp.
• Bedouin tea around camp fire.
• Small session about safety procedures.
• 1 blanket for you to use on The Top of “Moses Mountain”.
• Bedouin guide.
• Professional Photo for everyone .
• First Aid Service “If unfortunately needed”.
• Visit us at: B6, Madinati, Cairo-Suez Road, Cairo, Egypt.
From 10 Am to 5 Pm, Sunday to Thursday.
• If you want us to deliver your tickets call us and we can arrange the delivery. There will be a small collecting fee as following:
-Nasr City, Heliopolis (10 EGP)
-Tagamo3, Rehab, Madinaty, ElSherouk (15 EGP)
-Maadi, Haram, Dokki, Tahrir, Mohandsein, Zamalek (20 EGP)
We are more than happy to receive your call to arrange the collection method for you.
•• Deadline for payment : 27th of November
• Please pay attention that your reservation will not be considered unless you fully paid the payment before the deadline.
• Event may be cancelled if a minimum number is not achieved.
Please note that we refund the trip fees only in the following cases :
• VIAJERO cancels the trip.
• When the customer cancels his/her reservation before the deadline (Nov. 27th).
Ahly Club, Nasr City, Cairo at 07:00 AM